Selling Guides & Tips in Jackson, MS
One of the top goals for anyone who is selling a home is to make a quick sale for a great price. No matter how great of a home you may have, the process of selling it is always much more arduous than it seems. Indeed, despite the fact that some people tend to shy away from hiring real estate agents as a means of saving money, in the end, this usually does more harm than good. In addition to helping you save time, hiring a real estate agent in Jackson, MS is important because you gain the access and guidance of industry experts, you won’t have to worry about negotiating your price with anyone, they can help you fill out the confusing paperwork, they allow you to gain access to larger networks, and much more. Therefore, no matter how much you may want to handle it on your own, there are usually far more benefits associated with hiring a real estate agent to handle it for you. Either way, once you become aware of the fact that you wish to sell your home, this is when the process begins. In particular, this guide is for families who wish to sell their homes in order to upgrade to a home with more space and amenities.
Nevertheless, in order to find the perfect real estate agent for you, it will certainly take some effort on your part. Not only do you need to take the time to conduct research, but you also need to learn what a good real estate agent consists of. Lee Garland offers selling guides and tips for people looking to sell their property in Jackson, MS. Choosing a real estate agent is about much more than checking reviews and selecting the ones who make the most money in your area. Particularly, before you choose the perfect real estate agent for your circumstances, you need to take the time to ask the following questions:
- How to find the best realtor in your area
- Questions to ask a real estate agent when selling a house
- Things to consider before selling Your home
- How to spark a crazy bidding war for your home.
With that in mind, the following is an overview created to help you find and hire the best real estate agent for your finances and goals.
How to Find the Best Realtor in Your Area
Now all real estate agents are created equal. Moreover, it is easier than ever to get a real estate license these days, so, you must do your best to avoid those who will not live up to your standards. Especially in the case of those who are selling their homes in favor of finding a bigger space, you must be mindful of the fact that this requires a special set of skills to accomplish. Therefore, you must do your best to avoid dealing with bad agents in your area. If you are interested in finding the best real estate agent in the in Jackson, MS area, there are a few things you need to consider.
- Seek Referrals: One of the top things you need to do to find the best real estate agents is your company is to ask your friends and family for referrals. There is a reason word-of-mouth is one of the most effective methods of marketing: people tend to trust the views, opinions, and experiences of their loved ones. By asking these people for referrals, you will most likely get a solid list of potential leads in terms of which real estate agent you should hire.
- Go to Open Houses: Another great way to find a real estate agent is by visiting open houses in your area. This not only gives you a chance to meet the real estate agent in person, but you can also talk to them and gain a better understanding of their selling style, personality, how they interact with customers, etc.
- Check Reviews: Additionally, another great way to find the best real estate agents in your area is to check your local reviews. No matter if you decide to check individual websites, review sites, social media, or any other method you choose, make sure you read enough reviews to allow yourself to get a full scope of what the general perception of the real estate agent is, based on the feedback of those they have worked with in the past.
- Search Your Neighborhood: One simple method of finding the best real estate agents in your area is by searching your neighborhood for realtor signs. Especially when you are looking for methods to quickly sell your home in order to upgrade to a larger one, real estate agents that are already working with people in your area are ideal as they are already familiar with the area as well as selling properties that are in your price range.
- Interview: Another very important way to find the best real estate agents in your area is by taking the time to interview them. Just as you would interview a babysitter, a personal assistant, or anyone else you are giving access to your personal details in a manner that can affect your life in the short or long-term, you should also be interviewing your potential real estate agents. To do so, you should ask questions about who will be scheduling your tours, whether they are a broker or agent, who their broker is, whether or not they have access to skilled architects, and many other questions.
- Read the Contracts: Lastly, be sure to take the time to read the contracts of every agent are you considering hiring. All agents are different and as such, they all draft their own unique agreements. Be sure to read the agreement thoroughly before signing your name on the dotted line.
Questions to Ask a Real Estate Agent When Selling a House
As mentioned, interviewing your real estate agent is essential to finding the best one to suit your needs. Although you never want to be rude, as a couple, you and your partner must be quite frank in terms of what you expect from a real estate agent and can never be afraid to ask anything that will help you get a better idea as to whether or not the agent is qualified to handle the sale of your home. Either way, some examples of the types of questions you should ask are as follows:
- Can you show us your credentials?
- Do you specialize in any neighborhoods?
- How do you decide on a listing price?
- What is your sales plan?
- How many sales did you close within the last year?
- Do you have any tips for us to prepare our home for sale?
- How long does the process usually take?
- What will you do to keep me informed throughout the process?
Additionally, a great real estate agent will possess the following traits:
- A good rapport/ advice
- A good reputation
- The ability to properly price a property
Things to Consider Before Selling Your Home
Before you sell your home, there are some things you should consider. Some of the most pressing things are as follows:
- Will the budget be enough after selling? Are you being realistic?
- What are the extra costs? (Such as staging costs, moving costs, repairs, closing costs, and other associated expenses).
- What features do you need in a new home?
- Should you pay the buyer’s closing costs?
How to Spark a Crazy Bidding War for Your Home
If you really want to sell your home as quickly as possible for the best price, you should try to spark a bidding war. In order to do so, you need to complete the following steps:
- Set a deadline: One of the top ways to spark a crazy bidding war for your home is by setting a deadline. People are typically more motivated to buy things when they have a limited time to buy them.
- Include lots of photos: Since a picture is worth a thousand words, including as many pictures as possible, from as many angles as possible, is a great method of promoting your property.
- Spark interest before listing: Another great thing you can do to spark a bidding war is to spark interest in your property before you list it. In other words, you can spread the word to interested buyers before you list the property. This will make it more likely for people to start placing bids on your home as soon as you list it.
- Stage a lavish open house: Lastly, you should be sure to stage a lavish open house. This is because people are more likely to want to buy your home if they have a good experience at the open house. You can do things such as include food, give out prizes, including a DJ, offer an open bar, etc.
Overall, if you are interested in selling your home to upgrade to a bigger one, we are here to help. As one of the most highly revered real estate companies in Mississippi, we have often been referred to as one of the most real estate marketing firms in the area. Additionally, if we do not manage to sell your home in a timely fashion, Lee will buy it. Please contact us to discuss your options and be sure to subscribe to our website to get tips on pricing your house to get the biggest dollars, and many other useful selling guides and tips in Jackson, MS.